Our Health and Safety Policy
We are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for our employees, contractors, clients, visitors, and all people using our premises as a workplace, or working/visiting off site under the supervision of Holland Communications Ltd.
To ensure a safe and healthy work environment, we will develop and maintain a health and safety management system. Specifically, this will:
- Set health and safety objectives and performance criteria for all work areas/ locations and for those working for or with us, under our supervision;
- Annually review health and safety objectives taking into consideration all reported incidents and injuries occurring since the last review;
- Actively encourage the accurate and timely reporting and recording of all incidents and injuries;
- Investigate all reported incidents and injuries to ensure all contributing factors are identified and, where appropriate, plans are developed to take corrective action;
- Actively encourage people to report any pain or discomfort early on;
- Provide a rehabilitation plan that ensures a safe, early and durable return to work;
- Manage risks at all job sites by identifying all existing and new hazards and taking all practicable steps to eliminate, isolate or minimise the exposure to significant hazards;
- Ensure all employees are aware of the hazards in their work area and are adequately trained to enable them to perform their duties in a safe manner, and are provided with the appropriate PPE and given guidance in the correct use of this equipment;
- Encourage employee consultation and participation in all matters relating to health and safety so that everyone is invested in maintaining a safe working environment;
- Promote a system of continuous improvement – this includes reviewing policies and procedures each year;
- Meet our obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, and industry codes of practice/ best practices;
- Every manager, supervisor or foreperson has a responsibility for the health and safety of employees working under their direction.
Every employee is expected to share in this commitment to health and safety in the workplace by:
- Observing all safe work procedures, rules and instructions;
- Using all PPE provided, in the correct manner and at all times where hazards exist;
- Reporting any pain or discomfort early on;
- Taking an active role in the company’s treatment and rehabilitation plan, to ensure an “early and durable return to work”;
- Ensuring all incidents, injuries and hazards are reported to the appropriate person in a timely manner.